With Thanksgiving falling this week, we thought what better time to share with you how we at PT have been changing our lives with manifesting, gratitude and positive thinking?
Gratitude is defined as ‘the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.’
There is more and more scientific evidence to show the benefits that practising daily gratitude and manifesting can have on our overall wellbeing – both emotional and physical. Here are some examples below.
Physical health –
- Better sleep wake cycles
- Less body aches and pains
- Stronger immune system
Emotional Health –
- Enhanced mood
- Increased self-satisfaction
- Increased personal awareness
It can also benefit your relationships with others, empathy and your communication.
Here at PT, we have made a conscious change to involve gratitude into our daily routine. We start the day completing our gratitude journals – we note down 3 things that we are thankful for, 2 people we wish to send love/positivity to and 1 thing we want to achieve (even the Hubsters have been getting involved)! To start the day in this way enables us to change our thoughts from the old negative cycles that we all, as a society, often get stuck into and change this into positivity. We have noticed such a change in all of our behaviours over the last few weeks and it shows the impact and the powerful influence our own minds have.
This also links into the idea of manifesting, manifesting promotes the notion that our subconscious mind has the ability to achieve great things. It is based on the idea that we as beings are made up of energy, if we channel our energy into positive thoughts, feelings, visions etc. we have the ability to attract positivity back to us. It is the belief that our lives are of our own creation and we have the ability to influence and create our life events.
Here are some ideas of gratitude below. Why don’t you give it a go and transform your life?
- List 3 things you did today that made you feel happy
- Did you do something nice for someone else today?
- Which family members are you most grateful for?
- Which friends are you most grateful for?
- What is something that has happened recently to you or someone in your life that has made you realize how grateful you are?
- List 5 things that make you smile
- What was the highlight of your day?
- List 2 things you love about your job
- What was your favourite vacation and why?
- List 3 things that make you feel loved
- What are you most proud of?
- What do you love the most about your home?
- What do you love most about the current weather?