We are looking for Cover Supervisors to join our supply pool for North Yorkshire. The pool covers, Richmond, Catterick, Northallerton, Bedale, Thirsk, Boroughbridge, Ripon, Harrogate and Nidderdale.
Assignments will be in Secondary schools delivering lessons and will involve no preparation or planning responsibilities. You will be expected to run the class and deliver the cover work that has been set by the absent teacher. We have a variety of positions available, with varying weekly hours.
Successful applicants will have experience working with children/adults within the last 2 years and will ideally hold a curriculum subject degree. You must be confident with managing whole class behaviour, or have relevant experience of behaviour management.
Cover supervisor is an ideal way to get a route into schools, possibly even into teaching. The position of cover supervisor may suit;
- Teachers looking for flexible work and less responsibility
- Graduates with mentoring experience who want to work in Secondary schools, perhaps looking to undertake a PGCE qualification
- Ex-police or armed forces looking for flexible and reduced hours
- Educational personnel who are semi-retired
If you feel you would be suited to cover work and would like to join Principal Teacher’s cover team to work flexible hours, please apply now.
PT are the leading provider of education recruitment in North Yorkshire, with over 20 years’ experience in the sector. We support schools and multi academy trusts across North Yorkshire and the York area in the recruitment and placement of teachers and support staff on both a short term and long-term basis.
What PT offer
All PT team members will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid monthly by our in-house payroll team through PAYE – NO UMBRELLA COMPANIES.
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Generous refer a friend bonus scheme of £100.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
- Support and guidance for our NQT’s.
- Friendly and professional approach – we hold an excellent reputation for this.
- Access to regular training.
How to apply
If you are interested in the above post and can enthuse, motivate, and engage students, then we want to hear from you. Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role or other opportunities with PT, please contact us on 01748 352100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of the volume of applications we are receiving at this time, we will only contact successful applicants.
Due to the corona virus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.