We are seeking to appoint 2 excellent experienced Primary SEND practitioners. The successful applicants will be working one to one with students in our alternative education provision. You will be required to have a sound knowledge of the primary curriculum and to have previously worked with children who have SEND.
If you are: a talented teacher; a creative thinker; a team player; student centred; and relate well to challenging students, please email us to find out more about this exciting and rewarding opportunity – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply below.
- Be a qualified teacher with the ability and experience to inspire young people with SEND.
- Have worked in schools with children who have ASD, PMLD, SLD, MLD or SEMH/EBD.
- Be passionate about helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Have trained in, or a commitment to undertaking THRIVE training.
- Be an excellent teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon student progress;
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
To work one to one with students in our Alternative Education provision. To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced and relevant differentiated curriculum as appropriate to the needs of the learners, with a focus on academic achievements and developing life and social skills.
To teach highly effective lessons, support students and monitor student’s progress in order to develop pupil achievements, develop life skills and prepare them for adulthood.
To develop their own practice and work to the ‘Teachers’ standards’ DfE, alongside an ongoing drive to reinforce the vision and values of the school including the understanding of pupils needs through the EHCP’s.
We use the THRIVE therapeutic approach to facilitate learning in our centre. You will be expected to have an understanding of, or be trained in THRIVE. Or otherwise be committed to undertake training.
Teaching and Learning
- Provide a high-quality learning experience for students.
- To plan differentiated lessons, which provide for the variety of special needs of the child.
- To plan and oversee the effective deployment of teacher assistants within the setting.
- To be confident to teach across the range of subjects in the Primary and Early Years curriculums.
- To maintain and update student assessments in line with school policies
- To maintain and update student assessments in line with school policies and practice.
- To produce reports for students taught.
Staff Development and Quality Assurance
- To actively engage in the school’s appraisal process.
- To maintain an up-to-date and relevant knowledge of SEND.
- To communicate effectively with parents on a regular basis
- To communicate with external agencies.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students as a priority, at all times following the school’s Safeguarding policies and practice.
- To ensure practice is in line with school’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake risk assessment of activities.
These positions are to start on a supply basis, with the potential of a longer contract. We offer excellent rates of pay and a very supportive and family based working environment.